Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Aerocap Beginnings...

Well, it has been on my mind for some time to set up a blog for my Dodge Dakota Aerocap Design Project, so - here it is!

Using a both Expanded Polystyrene Foam (the White) that I got for the taking free from work, and Extruded Polystyrene Foam (the Pink) that I bought at Home Depot, I am working on setting up a sample shape for one of my Aerocap ideas.

It will be a sample shape - in that - it is planned to become a plug for a mold if it works as imagined, that is to say - there is a noticiable reduction of fuel consumption of at least 3-5% (minimum), with a goal in the end of up to 10%, this with a desired improvement of at least 1 litre per 100 Km less than without the Aerocap on. I use the scangage to keep an eye on the numbers as I drive, but need to update/upgrate it for showing both instantaneous and trip numbers at the same gage display.

The idea is - to make at least two different styles, with two totally unique blends of curvature and trail-off effects, and see if the difference between the two is noticable, and also which one of the two gets the most local raves - as from the pictures - you can pretty much see the shop space I have - outside!

More Shortly!

Robert - AKA Electricman - per my car - electricfly - at
www.myelectricfly.com

No comments:

Post a Comment